Hallo again,
WOW time is clicking fast! I hear it is cold there. Today was a sunny 40F degrees and we all enjoyed the sun on our faces. We started with a drive to meet up at KSII. Then we drove to Heidelberg. It was a fast one hour. BTW, how fast is 200 kph? They like their cars here for a reason to drive them real fast.
We walked around the main street in Heidelberg where all shops (except food) are closed on Sunday:-( We then walked to the Kulturbrauerel Heidelberg Actiengesellschaft and had a fantastic lunch! For 25 Euro I had a cola light (Diet Coke), Bowl of potato soup, and Fish. It tasted like perch and was over a bed of cooked spinach. There was a side of fresh potatoes with parsley as well. I was GLAD we were walking after lunch. See their menu at: http://www.heidelberger-kulturbrauerei.de/
Next we walked up to the Hofeintritt Erwachsene palace. It was a straight up walk and many took the ski-lift, while I walked with some of our hosts. It was a good bit of exercise.
I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them! :-)
More tomorrow..Good Night
PS the castle that I visited last night was Ronneburg. It is over 700 years old and in excellent shape with many rooms to walk through.
PSS Oh, yes I almost forgot! The boat is an electric tour boat that runs entirely on solar power and batteries charged from solar.
2 comments:
hey daddy! sounds awesome! Glad you are having fun and getting to enjoy Germany. All was going well here until my bathtub pipes froze (the drain, apparently this happened before) and they decided a space heater would do the trick...needless to say it has not. But I am hopeful as they are coming back tomorrow (oh the simple joys my life has) and told me that last time they had to take out the entire ceiling in the walkway and it took over a month! Isn't that awesome! What would I do without efficiency? BTW, the bears lost.
Have a fun rest of your week! The food sounds good and the weather awesome. It is supposed to be -5 tomorrow (i think it was about -30 wiht windchill today) so enjoy the sun and warmth! Talk to you soon!
Love you!
~Kassi
Post a Comment